CD Labels

Leo J Mauler webgiant at juno.com
Sun Jan 11 03:09:24 CST 2004

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 19:46:34 -0600 Zscoundrel <Zscoundrel at kc.rr.com>
writes:
> Margarine.  I know that it sounds weird, but rub some margarine or
> vegetable oil on the sticky spot.

Not at all weird.  Sounds like it isn't dangerous at all, not being a
"petroleum-based" product and thus not being able to eat away the top
plastic layer of the CD.

Then again, what with the current "pro-business" (read: repeal all safety
regulations on food, air, water, environment, etc.) administration, it
wouldn't surprise me in the least to discover that some
petroleum-derivative was making its way into butter and/or margarine.