CD Labels

David R. Kucharski dave at iemco.com
Sun Jan 11 00:04:29 CST 2004

If you are limited to things around a computer room, I've had good luck
using the ether or de-natured alcohol based electronics parts cleaners -
they will even remove hand written SHARPIE labeling from the surface of
a disk.  Just be VERY careful not to scratch the surface and DO NOT let
it SOAK too long because it can actually lift the silver from the lexan
disk material if it doesn't evaporate quick enough.  I've even had the
reflective surface start to lift from using an image that contained a
lot of black ink from a DISK Printing type of labeler!! They are tough,
but not indestructable!