CD Labels

Rusty kujayhawkbb at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 10 22:07:07 CST 2004

--- Jonathan Hutchins <hutchins at tarcanfel.org> wrote:
> Someone was asking about CD labels, or maybe it was case inserts.  I
> was at
> Micro Center yesterday, and they had a good selection of both.

While on this subject, I just thought I'd share an experience with
everyone regarding labels:
I have made backup copies of some of my DVDs (with DVD X-Copy) in order
to protect the originals (to loan to friends, etc). I decided to make
them look "professional" so I downloaded label images, printed and
labeled them with peel and stick labels (stomper labels). While they
play fine in my Denon player, when I loaned some out my friends found
they wouldn't play on their machines. Having heard that labels can
sometimes be a problem, I peeled one off, and lo and behold, it would
then play fine on the other player.

Just an FYI for anyone else who decides to use labels. Oh, and if
anyone knows any tricks for getting labels OFF (and the sticky residue
left behind) please email me the technique!!

rb