Homeworker agency like Monster or HotJobs

Leo J Mauler webgiant at juno.com
Fri Jan 9 09:48:58 CST 2004

I saw this place on the Internet awhile back called "Home Career Search",
or www.homecs.com.  I wasn't sure about them, but since my wife is
disabled and going crazy from not being able to leave the home to work a
job, I thought I'd try them out.  Thankfully, a friend on one of her
mailing lists sent us $29.95 to pay the agency fee to have access to
their homeworker job listings.

Now, there is that $29.95 fee, but it looks legit.  Today's list shows
699 jobs before you filter the list down, and there are lots of jobs on
the site for computer people, such as web designers, Perl people, Java
people, computer programmers, etc.  Most of them are real work-from-home
telecommuter positions, though some of them are "telecommuter available"
after working in-house for awhile.

There are also work-from-home positions with less detailed requirements,
such as appointment setters, receptionists, and the ubiquitous Customer
Service Representative and Telemarketer positions.  Also some artist
positions, mostly work for hire stuff like magazine and book
illustrations, and web graphics designers.

The computer positions on www.homecs.com can be thought of as "finding
Americans to fill those positions" before Dubya tries to fill them with
forners.  :)

Anyway, thought I'd mention it here since they look legit and handle
their system in much the same way as Monster or HotJobs.

=====
P.S.  One of my wife's conditions involves her left ear.  If she rides in
a car for any length of time, at any speed (we've checked this: drove at
10 miles an hour annoying other drivers to get to an eye doctor), she
will be violently ill for about two days afterwards, starting about
thirty minutes into the drive.  Dramamine doesn't work. Most employers
don't like nauseated employees and it makes it hard to perform job
functions.  And all the employers within walking distance (not that
walking is much easier) have either said they won't hire Michelle
(overqualified) or have big signs on their doors saying "We Are Not
Accepting Applications At This Time".