OT: Linksys Wireless Router Troubles

Bryan Richard bryan at booknerd.net
Tue Jan 6 02:29:34 CST 2004

Sorry about the networking question but I've been slamming my head
against this for a couple of days now and my limited networking skills
are only going to ensure that I render my forehead to pulp. On the
morning of January 1st my Linksys Wireless Router (WRT54G) suddenly
stopped being able to fetch an IP address from my Comcast ISP.

The router will issue IPs to all the machines on my home network and
appears to be able to see the Internet (as near as I can tell from the
blinking lights on the front) but renewing DHCP turns up nil.

I can plug a box directly into the cable modem and connect to the
Internet so I figured the router had failed. I happened to have an
identical router lying around so I plugged it in; same problem.

Comcast says nothing has changed on their end. Anyone else having any
problems? Suggestions?

Thanks,

- Bryan