Linux Class at Communiversity

kurt at verruckt.org kurt at verruckt.org
Sat Jan 3 21:04:29 CST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jason Clinton" <me at jasonclinton.com>

>If one doesn't know the difference between a crossover and straight-thru
>cable, this class is not for them, anyways.

True, but... I wouldnt worry too much about cables. Whats the point? IMO (
and it IS your class ) the point is on Linux and not cables. Cables can be
bought anywhere. Why is cables even a focus point of the class? If you're
gonna make cables , then you have to explain crossover, rollover, 569a,
568b, whats the freakin point??? Linux, how to install it. If you need a
cable, buy one. Just my opinion after-all. I would just say "bring a network
cable" and if they need one, then maybe have some connectors and cable to
make one. Sometimes hard-core geeks forget where they started from...

Kurt

---