Debian vs Suse

Karl Schmidt karl at xtronics.com
Fri Jan 2 19:10:28 CST 2004

Leo J Mauler wrote:

> Anaconda?  As in "if you have less than 128MB of RAM, *don't bother
> installing Linux*"?
>
> Even at 64MB the RedHat Anaconda installer whines and whines about not
> having enough resources, and at 32MB to 40MB it takes its ball and goes
> home.

Hmm - I don't have any machines with less than 128MB other than a
firewall -

Not sure the memory issue is a big problem today - (my first computer
had 1K of memory - came in $10 chips that had 512bits each). Memory is
cheap today.(Wish I could get some for my cranium<g>).

I would think you could borrow some memory from a second machine during
the install if it is a big problem.

Karl Schmidt EMail    Karl at xtronics.com
Transtronics, Inc.    WEB http://xtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street  Ph(785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049    FAX(785) 841-0434

A patent provides one a license to enrich his lawyer. -kps