Linux on USB

Brian Kelsay BLKELSAY at kcc.usda.gov
Thu Apr 29 18:03:23 CDT 2004

Has anybody gotten Linux to boot from a USB memory stick on a laptop or PC?
I've been messing w/ this off and on.  Not super important that I get it to work, but there are
people saying it is possible.

So far I have tried DamnSmall and Flonix, but there is something missing in their directions.
Flonix has directions about using syslinux, but there is an instruction about enabling NT4 support
if the host is XP.  That is what I tried from work.  I don't get how to enable NT4 support.

So for now I boot to CD and then mount the USB drive to save or load personal files.

Brian Kelsay