debian nic drivers

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Wed Apr 28 12:25:06 CDT 2004

Yes, I have a particular reason: maintaining. Another reason is
bloat. Although knoppix does a pretty good job on bloat too.
I'm running on a laptop, size is important. I have nothing against
RH or SuSE or Mandrake I have bought each of them at one time or
another and have relatively current CDs of them. Debian is plenty
advanced and once I get this NIC issue solved it will be smooth
sailing again. Unfortunately the knoppix "install" is less than
satisfactory. Now the system won't boot. I'll be installing another
version of debian. Maybe I'll burn all seven debian cds and do a full
metal jacket debian install. Just to see how user unfriendly it
really is. I have no problem tweaking Linux. I run gentoo on my other
computer, and a stripped-down-gutted Mandrake on my firewall. I think
you'll find that "all" the distros have problems with drivers.