virus crap

Kendrick-LUG kulua at linux2themax.com
Wed Apr 28 08:55:11 CDT 2004

Jason Clinton wrote:

>On Sun, 2004-04-25 at 21:23, Kendrick-LUG wrote:
>

>>I was wondering if any one had decent success with squid to keep java
>>viruses out? more for win32 but for some reason they are really getting
>>prevolant
>>

>I'm not aware of the existance of any Java viruses. JavaScript IE
>exploits, yes, but not Java. What kind of virus was this Java virus that
>got you?

it is ie's java script or java runtime from sun i believe, it downloads
a program usually a .dll to your system32 folder  tr/start page.fw has
been showing up in some banner adds for less then scrupulous sites

C:WINNTsystem32
  gbaihl.dll
      [DETECTION] The Trojan horse TR/StartPage.FW
      WAS DELETED!

here are a couple others - the vir

AR3.JAR-13E49AE9-603C1FC3.ZIP.VIR
      [DETECTION] The Trojan horse TR/Femad.Java.3
      WAS DELETED!
  BLACKBOX.CLASS-2B7648D4-2FCF1440.CLASS.VIR
      [DETECTION] The Trojan horse TR/ClassLoader.E
      WAS DELETED!
 DUMMY.CLASS-78D46BCA-32FF4E8D.CLASS.VIR
      [DETECTION] The Trojan horse TR/ClaLdr.Dummy.C
      WAS DELETED!
  OUTL32C.EXE.VIR
      [DETECTION] Contains a signature of the (dangerous) backdoor
program BDS/Jeem    Backdoor server programs
      WAS DELETED!
  VERIFIERBUG.CLASS-10160520-2E61636C.CLASS.VIR
      [DETECTION] The Trojan horse TR/Java.ByteVerify
      WAS DELETED!a

they were all from webpage/'s