question about changing Apache "Authorized Required" page to other page

Joe Cho jcho at jcho.net
Thu Apr 15 18:52:54 CDT 2004

First thank you for helping me.

It works on the page "Authorization Required" on Apache 1.3.27
when I type a wrong password on the password protected page.

But one thing though, I try to display a message on non-existing page or
Directory, it doesn't do that.
I am not sure whether Apache_1.3_27 has a limitation.
It simply display some weird web site like
http://search.lycos.com/default.asp?src=clear3&loc=top50&query=jcho

Is there any way I can control the display message
as long as someone type my web server name and non-existing page or
directory??
Such as
http://www.microsoft.com/solution-for-world-hunger.html

Then, I can display my own message like