Sponsorship

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Tue Apr 13 13:23:21 CDT 2004

"ethical" and "cracker" have diametrically opposed meanings.
If you're going to use technical words you should be careful
to use the correct ones. I'm sure you meant to say
"ethical hacker"

def:

cracker - (n) A criminal hacker
hacker  - (n) A person who takes things apart or investigates things
              to determine how they work.
ethical - (adj) To do the right thing.

These are my own interpretations of the words' definitions. If you
disagree with them, look them up in a real dictionary.

Brian

P.S. I would strongly advise against "ethical hacking without permission".
Purely based on my own desire for freedom, as in freedom to be out of the
criminal legal (I won't use justice as that seems to be more rare these days)
system. It's one thing to be right, it's another convincing 14 other people
it's right (12 jurors+prosecutor+judge).