zoom modem and IPCop

Brian Kelsay BLKELSAY at kcc.usda.gov
Mon Apr 12 17:10:46 CDT 2004

And that's why I said you should use an external.  OK, disable the PnPray on the card.  You have
jumpers, so use those settings.  Remember this saying I just made up, "Plug n Pray will get in the
way."  Also might need to disable Plug n Pray in the BIOS unless you are using it for a PCI NIC.
Some BIOSes allow you to set a specific Irq to a PCI/ISA or ISA slot only.  One other thing, you
are using Com2, which in older computers w/ 2 serial ports will be assigned to the second serial
port.  You may also have to disable the serial port or assign different values to it.  Do you have
a way to set the I/O address via jumpers?

Brian Kelsay

>>> Tim Reid <darkweb4 at gbronline.com> 04/12/04 10:57AM >>>

<snip>
  The jumpers settings on the modem are as such: IRQ 3,
COM 2, PnP enabled.  I've reviewed dmesg on the IPCop machine, and the
only mention of IRQ's assigned are the two NIC's in the machine.
Shouldn't the OS assign an IRQ to the modem?

<snip>