zoom modem and IPCop

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Mon Apr 12 16:20:59 CDT 2004

Does dmesg indicate that the modem is detected period?
If it isn't detected in dmesg then you may not have support
in the kernel or you may not be loading the appropriate modules
at boot. I use (well used) Zoom modems exclusively. They worked
seamlessly in Linux in every system I've ever had and they are fast.

Once your know where Linux places your modem you should be
able to send it queries to find out things.
ATIn where n goes from 0 to 7 will give you the diagnostics
of the modem.
AT$ should print a list of commands that it accepts
AT&$ should list the ampersand commands that it accepts.
There's more, but I forget. It' been sooooooooooooo long
since I used a modem. I haven't even bothered to configure
the modem in my laptop and my external zoom is not even connected
to any PC now.

HTH,
Brian