Apache Question: 2 works great

Kendrick-LUG kulua at linux2themax.com
Tue Apr 6 08:24:40 CDT 2004

Brian Kelsay wrote:

> James R. Sissel wrote:
>

>> Why does Apache2 and PHP4 shouldn't be used on a production box?  Just
>> installed it in my Gentoo box and it's in the warning is in the config
>> files.
>>
> ...Is there a warning in the config files to not use the pair, Apache
> 2 and PHP4, together?
> Somewhere there is a village missing an idiot.

i would suspect gentoo did somthing to the source of one of the two

http://lfs.oregonstate.edu/blfs/view/stable/content/php.html

in lfs they compile php 4.3.3 for 2.0.47 of apache  I have used apache2
and php with no problems. i  dont use them heavly other wise i would
have noted b4  but they run just fine together if you compile from soure