Apache Question

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Mon Apr 5 13:44:06 CDT 2004

Well, I can't speak to apache 2. I have yet to try it.
Last I looked around many people considered it too new or
not prime time ready. That was some time ago though.
I like 1.3.x. It's stable, although the apache site is
running on apache 2 and has been for some time. Someday,
I suspect I will have to jump to apache 2. There is a
change in philosophy from 1.3 to 2 (IIRC). The
configuration files are different from what I understand.
But I have noticed that the 1.3 is moving in the direction of
preparing people for the 2.x move. So a newer 1.3 install should
upgrade without much headache. If you just want to learn
I would go with 1.3, as it is an established stable build.

$0.02,
Brian