ATA100 80 wire/40 pin (was RE: kernel init error)

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Thu Apr 1 17:48:54 CST 2004

The first thing I do when I get a HD is make sure there are
no third party drivers on it. they are a waste of space and
speed, created to allow broken-out-of-the-box operating systems
to perform better and/or to recognize the disk. At least that's
my perspective on it. I've never had to do a low level format
on one to re-use it. I have had to repartition drives to remove
"utilities" in "hidden" partitions.