Light bulbs

Greg Kedrovsky greg at iglesia-del-este.com
Fri Sep 26 21:35:49 CDT 2003

On Fri, Sep 26, 2003 at 11:06:35AM -0500, Adam J Bunton wrote:
> ...and the crowd cheers.
>
> On Fri, 2003-09-26 at 16:30, Jonathan Hutchins wrote:
> > How many KCLUG subscribers does it take to discuss changing a lightbulb?

Please don't top post.

And, for Pete's sake, don't overquote.

The ellipsis is grammatically unnessary and therefore incorrect. One
uses the ellipsis to show the ommission from a sentence or other
contruction of one or more words that would complete or clarify the
contruction. Since you ommitted nothing, the ellipsis is grammatically
incorrect.

Removing the ellipsis further reveals the evidence of a public school
education: beginning a sentence with a conjuction, "And." Unnecessary.

Your sentence should simply read "The crowd cheers."

This was an attempt at dry, sarcastic humor. You may flame me now...

-Greg  :-)

--
Mutt 1.4i on Red Hat 8.0 Linux
Curridabat, San Jose, Costa Rica