Evolution problems

Becker, Rob becker at celeritas.com
Thu Sep 25 17:04:03 CDT 2003

I had a box running Mandrake 8.1 lose power and now I can't get
Evolution to check email.  It opens ok and I can see all my old mail,
but when I tell it to check mail, it chokes with an error.  I don't have
the error message in front of me, but I recall that it didn't contain
much information.  I think it pretty much said Evolution is unable to
open that folder.  I've looked into permissions and they seem fine.  It
has to open the Inbox to display my old mail, so why is it choking on
getting new mail?  Is it possible that the mail files have been
corrupted?  Are there any utilities I can use to check the integrity of
Evolutions mail folders?  Any help greatly appreciated.  Also, how do I
migrate old mail folders into Evolution or Mozilla Mail?
Thanks.
Rob