Call to arms

BUCKLEY, MICHAEL MICHAEL.BUCKLEY at dfas.mil
Thu Sep 25 12:16:42 CDT 2003

Hello KCLUG,

This email is something of a call to arms against SCO.  I imagine that most of you are aware of
their attempts to lay claim to Linux and extort licensing fees from it's users.  I am uncertain
however, how many of you are aware that SCO is going on a free road show in October, and will be in
St. Louis on the 16th.

Event details can be found here.
http://www.sco.com/partners/city_to_city/oct2003/

I posted the idea over a week ago on groklaw here:
http://www.groklaw.com/article.php?story=20030917054352198#c7365
Where it was suggested that Knoppix disks be distributed - among other things.  I have been urged
to follow through with my suggestion, so here I am.

This is the first LUG I have contacted with this proposal, due to the fact that I have had some
(minimal - a few list postings with another email account and one meeting) contact with you in the
past.  Depending on the reception of the idea, I had planned on contacting other LUGs in the state
of Missouri in hopes for a large showing.  I'd like to get your thoughts and ideas as soon as
possible, since this has a relatively short fuse, and would require some amount of logistic effort.

Thanks for your time,
Chris