Future of LUG (Party?)

Oren Beck oren_beck at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 23 21:39:20 CDT 2003

>From: Kris Bodenheimer <numa at thenuma.com>
>To: kclug at kclug.org
>Subject: Re: Future of LUG  (Party?)
>Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 13:25:43 -0500
(Thunderbird/0.2

>Wow, that is a helluva delay for majordomo to send a message.
>
>Amazing
>
>ismgr wrote:
>
>>On Friday 30 May 2003 02:56 pm, Kris Bodenheimer wrote:
>>
>>>I am somewhat troubled by the direction of posts,and the apparent flight
>>>of others away from the LUG, hell, I think the list is even trying to
>>>FORK into another list.  I propose a meeting of sorts, be it in
>>>person/or IRC, or whatever and attempt to aim/refocus what the LUG
>>>should be.
>>>
>>>Does anyone agree with this proposal?
>>>
>>>Kris
>>Kris,
>>
>>What are you thinking on this?
>>
>>I'd be a bit disappointed myself if it fell apart, since I don't know what
>>I'm doing.  :-)
>>
>>Chris

To my take groups either become O.C.D rigid with "chess timer" clocked
segments or total anarchy !
Somehow either extreme is quite annoying to members of the other side.

The compromise we seem to have found is the workgroups ignore the rag
chewers and the bewildered bystanders are left to ponder how anything gets
done at all-. but it seems to work overall.

Argument of a different sort would be finding a "clubhouse" where a library
, office , shared hardware etc and more importantly ^TIME^ to run installs
till  finished  .

Any comments ?