worm impersonating ms

Karl Schmidt karl at xtronics.com
Sat Sep 20 02:18:03 CDT 2003

> harmless to linux, but somewhat of a problem out
> there where the normal people grow.

Not exactly harmless to Linux - I talked to my Colos ISP's Netops guy
today. He basicly said that if the ping atttacks were on port 80 the
much of the Internet would be down.  They are blocking Ping most of the
time and says he has so many customeres infected that he has no choice.

Seems like they need to lock out accounts that are infected via
automated scripts?

Dealing with the viruses is now taking up 99% of their time.

The Internet is at risk of losing the ability to do useful trancroutes
as of now.

Karl Schmidt EMail    Karl at xtronics.com
Transtronics, Inc.    WEB http://xtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street  Ph(785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049    FAX(785) 841-0434

Definition of Windows XP:
SPAM, thinly disguised as an operating system