Employment Opportunity

Aaron aaron at aarons.net
Wed Sep 17 14:53:26 CDT 2003

Jason,

Thank you for your concern.

Accreditation standards state that the instructor must possess EITHER a degree one level above the
degree granted in the classes they are teaching OR experience equivalent to 1 1/2 times the degree
length.  For someone teaching an associates level course you would either need a Bachelors degree
or 3 years relevant experience.  This position is for an instructor in our diploma program which
accreditation states must have EITHER and associates degree OR 2 years experience.

I teach all the associates level courses myself.  Since I am the department head I would be
familiar with what is required for an instructor in my department and would, of course, post
accordingly.  You will notice that my requirements are somewhat higher then accreditation. I prefer
people with industry experience over education because I feel they bring a broader base of
knowledge to the classroom and the students respect them more.

If you'd like to apply, you can send me your resume.  I will be conducting interviews next week.

Aaron