WINE.

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Tue Sep 16 20:44:21 CDT 2003

On Friday 12 September 2003 10:10 pm, Brian Kelsay wrote:

> > I definitely need something cheap. Like free would be cool.  ;-)

> You never did say what programs you expect to be able to run on this
> setup.  That may help the troubleshooting.

There is some stuff on the WINE web pages regarding specific programs, but
it's more whether someone's gotten them to work than how they did it.  I
think there's more in the newsgroups.

One of the things that helps is having a "live" Windows partition, which is
obviously not going to happen on a YellowDog PPC installation.   You'll have
to be careful to go through the procedures for setting up a "fake" Windows
partition instead.