Comcast faster speeds on the horizon

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Tue Sep 16 20:26:52 CDT 2003

On Friday 12 September 2003 7:26 pm, Paul Taylor wrote:

> For example, I just talked to a Road Runner customer service rep. and per
> this representative RR guarantees minimum 128Kbps upload and 384Kbps
> download "but you'll never get speeds that low."

Not that there's been a wealth of accurate information on this thread, but
where the heck did you (or they) get that?

Their basic home service for the last several years has been 1500 down, 384
up.  If they're offering something else these days, that's news to most of
us.

Are you sure that's not SWB's home DSL package?

I have NEVER spoken/corresponded with anyone regarding RoadRunner service who
quoted anything like the speeds you claim.  Not to say it couldn't happen,
but it does seem an isolated incident.

(Which, by now, my modem which is NOT capped at 2K, may also be.)