My new Hp Pavilion ze4400 Laptop

Charles, Joshua Micah (UMKC-Student) jmcqk6 at umkc.edu
Tue Sep 16 16:51:31 CDT 2003

Hello!

Well, I have everything working better on my laptop now.  I ended up
recompiling the kernel and using the live cd config file, but not matter
- it will boot and I don't loose the keyboard.  My question is now,
whenever the kernel boots, it doesn't automatically bring up eth0, so
once I login I type

#ifconfig eth0 up
#dhcpcd eth0

then I'm all ready to go, well, at least I think so.  I have an ip
address and such, but no programs installed on my gentoo system yet to
test it (have to figure out portage...)  Any ideas?

Josh