Clustering for databases

Brian Kelsay bkelsay at comcast.net
Mon Sep 15 18:55:10 CDT 2003

rsobba at kcnet.com wrote:

> Speaking of viruses and worms does anyone know why Microsoft hasn’t been
> sued? They seem to have far more vulnerabilities than any other OS. If any
> automaker delivered such a poor product no one would ever hesitate to sue
> them.
>
> Rick

Have you ever read the EULA that comes w/ any MS product?

It says that that don't even guarantee it's fitness for what its
supposed to do.  Most software has similar info in the license (even the
GPL).  But at least w/ free software its more of an honest agreement.  I
hear all the time about the ability to sue someone if the software
breaks, but in reality that license (which is a contract) protects them
from most legal problems.  What a lot of people forget is that Bill
Gates was studying contract law in college before he quit to make
software.  He was very good at it.