RPMs.

Chris cwagner at 4ulord.sytes.net
Sun Sep 14 14:33:08 CDT 2003

I have a quick question (I hope).

I went to walk a friend through an installation of an rpm that she didn't have
installed on a RH9 install (it's on an older box - like an MMX 233 with 96MB
- but it runs OK) and when I got her into a terminal and had her rpm the
package (openssl) the install never completed. It just hung.

So I had her kill the process and went back to reinstall it when she got an
error saying that it was already installed. I had her do an rpm -e
package_name and the system told her it wasn't installed.

How can I get that rpm out of there and try to reinstall it?

She downloaded the version from rpmfind.net, since she didn't have the CDs (I
have the originals).

Thanks!

Chris