copying files between two linux machines.

Brian Kelsay bkelsay at comcast.net
Fri Sep 12 22:07:02 CDT 2003

ismgr wrote:

> I know I posted something here before, but I can't seem to get this to work
> using scp and I was wondering what I was doing wrong.
>
> I'm sshing into the box that I want to get files from and then I issue a
> command along the lines of:
>
> scp user at host1:file1 user at host2:file2
>
> Is this not correct?
>
> That's how the man pages read and I can't seem to get it working right.
>
> I'm sure it's something that I probably hadn't known about, but any help is
> appreciated.
Do you need to pass the password for the user on the remote machine you
are connecting as?  Or is that stored locally in a .profile or .conf
file?  That is where I would look first.

--
" * Portions Copyright (c) 1995 Caldera, Inc.  * Neither Greg Page nor
Caldera, Inc. admit liability nor provide * warranty for any of this

Hmmm.