Comcast faster speeds on the horizon

Brian Kelsay bkelsay at comcast.net
Thu Sep 11 22:24:57 CDT 2003

Patrick wrote:

> Isn't Comcast the one providing telephone service? Isn't there a PUC
> (public utility commission) required amount of uptime/QOS on local phone
> services. If they carry the voice over the data connection, it would
> have to be up per the legal requirement (something about 911 or other
> emergency access?)

NO.  they don't do phone service, that is Everest you are thinking of.
My cable has only been down a couple of days inteh almost 3 years since
I 've had it.  I think that was in the ice storm last yr. and another
time because of something I did to add another TV w/ cheap wire and a
junky filter.  I also had at least one week down time when the service
switched from @Home to Comcast.net, but my new username and password got
lost in the mail.

Brian

--
" * Portions Copyright (c) 1995 Caldera, Inc.  * Neither Greg Page nor
Caldera, Inc. admit liability nor provide * warranty for any of this

Hmmm.