plugins for moz.

Brian Kelsay bkelsay at comcast.net
Sun Sep 7 16:33:35 CDT 2003

lowell wrote:

>Folx,
>	An obviously newbish question: I've got mplayer working
>standalone; now how do I name it as the app to play files with in Mozilla?
>I looked around in preferences but nothing was too apparent (it needs to
>be REALLY apparent for me...:-(   .)
>TIA

You didn't say if this was on Linux or which distro or any possibly
pertinent info.
What I do with Moz on Linux, say for .mp3 or a music stream, is go to
shoutcast.com and click on one of the "tune in" buttons and you will get
a dialog box that asks "what app do you want to open this with" and then
you have to browse to mplayer executable.   You also have the choice of
this happening only this time or always when you select this type of
file.   Very easy if you know the path to the executable.  If you don't
know the path, I open up an xterm and do a "find mplayer" or "locate
mplayer" or xmms or whatever app you are looking for.

--
" * Portions Copyright (c) 1995 Caldera, Inc.  * Neither Greg Page nor Caldera, Inc. admit
liability nor provide * warranty for any of this software. This material is provided * "AS-IS" and

Hmmm.