Does email system Horde Web mail work with HTML??

Joe Cho ksjoecho at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 5 14:25:38 CDT 2003

Hello, KCLUG,

I am a person who has a deep favor of KCLUG since I joined mailing list.
so, I feel that I may get a good advice for this question.

Since I set up the mail system on Redhat 8.0
with Apache_1.3.27, Sendmail, Horde-2.2, imp-3.1, and turba.

So far, everything is running well except one thing,
once a while I get an email from some place where I don't really know.
Some of those email has a HTML format,
so that this email system recommend to forward this email to
HTML supporting email system, so I had to forward to yahoo mail
which I reluctantly have done this.

Once I forward this email to yahoo mail, it display the content without any trouble.
At the same time, I have noticed that some email disply as a attachment,
I am not quite sure whether that was a real html page or just semi-html format.

I am not quite sure whether this email system Horde is designed to work this way.
I would like to verify this and at the same time, I would like to get some
advice to get fixed if it is possible.

A couple weeks ago, someone  in KCLUG mentioned about postfix system instead of
using sendmail.
I also would like to know whether using postfix can fix those HTML issue, I would like to
use as a HTML format instead of text format only.

Thank you in advance,

Joe Cho
ksjoecho at yahoo.com