Mapping remote linux drive in windows...

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Thu Sep 4 19:46:21 CDT 2003

Samba should work too.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Clinton
Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2003 1:25 PM
To: Matt G
Cc: kclug at kclug.org
Subject: Re: Mapping remote linux drive in windows...

Matt G wrote:

I remember that with some virtual hosting I used to use, which was also
linux, I could map the remote linux drive to my local windows computer.
Does anyone know how this is done?  I imagine it's an ftp kind of thing.
Anything special that needs to be done on the linux side?

There was once a product called Sun Solstice that enabled this via an extention to the Windows
kernel. It has been discontinued, though.

Your best bet, now, is to use WinSCP or Filezilla to graphically move the files to and from an SSH
server.