Mapping remote linux drive in windows...

Jason Clinton me at jasonclinton.com
Thu Sep 4 19:17:41 CDT 2003

   Matt G wrote:

I remember that with some virtual hosting I used to use, which was also
linux, I could map the remote linux drive to my local windows computer.
Does anyone know how this is done?  I imagine it's an ftp kind of thing.
Anything special that needs to be done on the linux side?

   There was once a product called [1]Sun Solstice that enabled this via
   an extention to the Windows kernel. It has been discontinued, though.

   Your best bet, now, is to use [2]WinSCP or [3]Filezilla to graphically
   move the files to and from an SSH server.