Windoze XP anyone?

Duane Attaway dattaway at dattaway.org
Wed Sep 3 03:38:10 CDT 2003

On Tue, 2 Sep 2003, Daniel Matthis wrote:

> You could always use it like a coster :D Then again if you are like me
> you have several aol costers... and $130 is a little much for a
> coster...

A windows coaster was the most expensive one I ever had.

When I bought my laptop, I took my coaster down to the sandpits with a
friend to sight in my rifle.  We lined up dozens of other coasters and put
the shiny windows disc in the middle.  I would find out only small holes
could be punched into these discs.  Even with a 12 guage slug.  It was
then time for the grand finale.  The windows coaster.

I can't explain it, but the windows disc somehow was the only one to dodge
destruction.  It was like the Matrix.  Then I discovered a well placed
shot into the sand in front of the discs would shatter them into
splinters.  OK.  But this disc flipped into the air and landed with only a
scratch.  We emptied the case of shells and never did destroy it.

A case of shells went to waste.

Cursed by a windows disc.  I still may have that thing around here.  For
bad luck.