Mandrake 9.2

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Thu Oct 23 23:00:34 CDT 2003

On Thursday 23 October 2003 09:06 am, Brian Densmore wrote:

> Any motherboard that needs drivers is, in my
> humble opinion, a very very bad thing waiting to happen.
> Motherboards *should just work*, with any version of an OS.
> I'm very surprised to see ASUS create such a monstrosity.

Well, to be honest the only thing that doesn't appear to be working is a
fairly new version of the 3C9xx NIC on board, and that's the driver that
won't compile on Mandrake.  There appear to be drivers for the NVidia
chipset, but as it's working ok so far I haven't tried it or found out what
the special drivers offer.