Red Hat lost a little business

Paul Taylor paul at kcnetcare.com
Thu Nov 20 19:37:34 CST 2003

Red Hat on Intel machines was the original choice for my project which
will run proprietary software. After the annoucement by Red Hat I asked
the softare vendor if they supported latest version of RHEL? Nope. Veritas
Clustering software doesn't support latest version of RHEL either.

What a tough choice...decided to get one V880 and three V480's (hardware
is maxed out) running Solaris 9.

HP, IBM, Dell, and Linux all lost on this small deal. Hundreds or
thousands of small deals occur all over the world all the time and they
add up.

Paul