Mailing List Properties (was Re: SpamAssassin for the mailing list?)

Jeremy Turner jeremy at linuxwebguy.com
Mon Nov 17 17:26:25 CST 2003

On Sun, 2003-11-16 at 22:20, dan radom wrote:
> I'm not sure who runs this list, but I can't imagine any good reason to
> let non-subscribed addresses post.

I know of some users on other lists who read the archives and post via a
yahoo or hotmail account.  They probably would not want the list posts
sent to their mail account, but would want to contribute.  I'm going to
re-configure my mail on this end (fetchmail + spamassassin + courier
imap + squirrelmail + ldap) so that I can have a local, centralized
place for all my mail, no matter what account or server it's with.

On another note, has anyone noticed the 'Reply to List' feature in
Evolution (I'm using version 1.4.5 currently from Debian unstable) sets
the 'To:' field as kclug at marauder.illiana.net?  Looking at the email
source from Dan's message (the one to which I'm replying) has an entry
of 'Mail-Followup-To: kclug at kclug.org' but that seems to be not chosen.
Anyone else have this problem, or do you use a different mail client?

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Turner <jeremy at linuxwebguy.com>
The LinuxWebGuy