Taking the Plunge-Resolution

Brian Dominguez magickal at linuxjunkies.com
Mon Nov 3 20:43:41 CST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Needham" <jmneedham at kc.rr.com>
To: <kclug at kclug.org>
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2003 12:00 PM
Subject: Taking the Plunge-Resolution

> I am still doing tweaking however, and need some help.  I am wanting to
run an
> MSN messenger client and the included Kopete crashes... I downloaded a
newer
> client called AMSN and wanted to use it but it needs compiled (is only
> source) never done this... has a makefile and just need direction on how
> compile her... I suppose it is gcc that I will be using :-)

There is a README or INSALL Doc in the folder after you untar that has
specific instructions but for the most part you run the configure script
(usually named configure) and then you run make and make install.  then you
should be able to run it.  most programs will put the executable in
/usr/local/bin unless you specify at configure time.

Congrats on the switch!
Brian Dominguez
magickal at linuxjunkies.com