Remotely helping with X

Brian Kelsay bkelsay at comcast.net
Sat May 31 03:11:07 CDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Parker, Ron"
Sent: Friday, May 30, 2003 1:24 PM
Subject: RE: Remotely helping with X

You can go either way with VNC.  See the webpage:
 "Many of us, for example, use a VNC viewer running on a PC on our desks to
display our Unix environments which are running on a large server in the
machine room downstairs.  "

"It is truly platform-independent. A desktop running on a Linux machine may
be displayed on a PC. Or a Solaris machine. Or any number of other
architectures."
http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/faq.html
http://www.tightvnc.com/
http://www.realvnc.com/