W982e Bootable image?

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Fri May 30 01:03:19 CDT 2003

Quoting Jason Clinton <me at jasonclinton.com>:

> I suggest the pirating discussions be taken off list.

My dear sir!  We are discussign nothing of the sort!  I _OF_COURSE_ have a
legitimate license for this fine product of the Redmond firm; I am merely
seeking to replace my aparantly damaged installation medial.  If I wanted to
pirate it, I'd be asking for the installation key.

W95 and W98 both appear to hang on installation.  It may be the HD, not the
CD's after all.

Mandrake 9.1, on the other hand, installs fine.  I've done it three times so
far - trying to get a 22MB PCMCIA wireless card to work keeps locking up the
sysetm (again, this may be the HD) or doing a kernel panic on shutdown and
failing to sync.

There are DMA CRC error messages on boot-up - that's what makes me think it
might be a bad disk.

Anybody with advice on how to configure the /etc/pcmcia/wireless.opts so that
it'll work with an SMC 2435W using Ivor Hewett's drivers would be appreciated.