Cluster project made easy

Rip Cord ripcrd6 at yahoo.com
Thu May 29 21:09:14 CDT 2003

>From Knoppix.org What are the minimum system requirements?

Intel-compatible CPU (i486 or later),
20 MB of RAM for text mode, at least 96 MB for graphics mode with KDE (at least 128 MB of RAM is
recommended to use the various office products),
bootable CD-ROM drive,
or a boot floppy and standard CD-ROM (IDE/ATAPI or SCSI),
standard SVGA-compatible graphics card,
serial or PS/2 standard mouse or IMPS/2-compatible USB-mouse.
And for graphics mode, you need a monitor that will support 800x600 for reasonable performance. it
will run at 640x480, but feels cramped.
NIC

http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/FaqPXE - How to use the network boot feature (terminal
server) on Knoppix.

Q: I don't have a PXE enabled networkcard on board, how do I use PXE ?
A: Take a look on http://rom-o-matic.net
Looks like this helps you make the right boot disk for your NIC to work in LTSP type of mode.

http://www.knoppix.net/docs/  For more Knoppix FAQs and Docs.