Stop top posting, please.

L. Adrian Griffis adrian at nerds.org
Sat May 24 20:45:23 CDT 2003

On Sat, 24 May 2003, Aaron wrote:
> You guys are WAY to uptight.  Who cares if the posting is done at the top or
> the bottom?  As for wearing a hat inside at chruch, I seem to remember my
> mother telling me that was not okay from the time I was little.  I don't
> remember her mentioning top posting though.

I bet she never mentioned spamming, either, but I hope you aren't
arguing that spamming is okay.

You are right to question any rules of courtesy that we may propose.
Some people really do get uptight about things that don't matter, and
many of the social conventions that we've shaken off over the years
are part of the machinery of oppression of various social classes.
But that doesn't mean you should reject any social standards that your
mommy didn't teach you.

Adrian