Weird Gentoo Portage Errors

James Colannino email2jamez at covad.net
Sat May 24 02:15:52 CDT 2003

I tried emerging the kdenetwork-3.1.2.tar.bz2 package, and got this error:

!!! File is corrupt or incomplete (Digests do not match)
 >>> Our recorded digest: baf...(more left out)
 >>> Your file's digest: 9f4...(more left out)
!!! File does not exist: /usr/portage/distfiles//kdenetwork-3.1.2.tar.bz2

The file does exist.  I'm taking it that the digest is some sort of
checksum.  This is weird.  I get the exact same "corrupt" checksum
everytime I download the file, which makes me believe that the file is
either truly corrupt on the server side, or something really funky is up
=P  Anyone have any ideas?  Everytime I install Gentoo, something like
this always stops me.  It frustrates me so much :(

James