[OT] More on Batteries

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Tue May 13 21:09:07 CDT 2003

To me a battery is "dead" when it no longer provides sufficient
current to power a device it should power. After ten days according to
your calculation you have 4.2 Volts. Try making a mobile robot that
requires
12 volts run on that. Again though, as was noted in another post, it is
power
we should be talking about and not voltage. But a transistor that flips
on at
5.7 V won't flip on in this scenario. I don't believe Jonathon was
talking
about voltage, but about power.

i.e.
day 0) 1200 mAH
day 1) 1200 - (1200*.1) = 1080
day 2) 972 = 1080 - (1080*.1)
day 3) 874.8
day 4) 787.3
day 5) 708.6
day 6) 637.7
day 7) 574.0 (now at less than half the power it originally had,
       I doubt any device would be working now that required 1200mA)

I think perhaps the 10% should have been
more like 1%, or .10%, but I'd still like to know the source of this
data.

Brian