US IT jobs going overseas creating 'IT Rust Belt'.

Mon May 12 19:00:14 CDT 2003

On Monday 12 May 2003 13:42, Jeremy Fowler wrote:
> ...hrmm, what a surprise coming from someone who works for the government!
> ;-)

Just what exactly is that supposed to indicate?  Government takes all types.

> Why is it that when someone brings up potentially controversial subject
> matter someone gets their panties all up in a bunch? If it's not their
> view, damn them for bring it up! Yet I have yet to see someone complain
> about the near endless job related postings, PC swap meets, or favorite
> restaurants. Or the other 75% non-linux related postings that make it to
> the list.

Job postings, and computer swap meets do seem to be related.  Thier were
plenty of comlaints over favorite resteraunts, and yes I was one of the
people adding extra noise on the topic.

> Personally, I find nothing wrong with people posting what they want when
> they want. The whole freedom of speech thing comes to mind. As I've said
> before, we are a Linux User Group, a community of local Linux users. Feel
> free to share you opinions about anything, just as long as your a user of
> Linux, nothing is off topic.

Isn't that what /. is for?

--
"I went into a general store, and they wouldn't sell me anything
specific".