US IT jobs going overseas creating 'IT Rust Belt'.

jeff jefflist at whitebuddha.com
Mon May 12 04:47:44 CDT 2003

I found this in the article:

"It's easy to blame greedy CEOs for this mess, but employers aren't just
being greedy when they shift these jobs to foreign workers. If they
don't and their competitors do, they have to charge more for the same
products and services. Not exactly a formula for success. And when
business shifts to the competitors, the jobs do too -- overseas."

CEO's share hugely in the blame.  The problem is simple when you look at
it from the right perspective.  This is a class war, rich against poor.
In case you didn't know it this war has been going on since civilization
has existed.  America is moving towards becoming a thirld world
country.  The rich want slaves; they don't like the middle class and
they want to eliminate it.  The ultra-rich, who run this country, will
not say this, maybe they don't even think about this much consciously,
but all you have to do is look at their actions.

There is one really easy way to measure the result of their actions
called the Gini ratio.  With this metric (I'm pretty sure this is an
international metric) you can assess the damage caused in a society by
the rich.  Be sure to take a look at the graph on this web page to get
an idea of the damage done by reagonomics.

http://arts.bev.net/roperldavid/politics/inequality.htm
---------------------------
There is a measure of income inequality called the Gini index or Gini
ratio. "The Gini ratio (or index of income concentration) is a
statistical measure of income equality ranging from 0 to 1. A measure of
1 indicates perfect inequality; i.e., one person has all the income and
the rest have none. A measure of 0 indicates perfect equality; i.e. all
people having equal shares of income."-from
http://blue.census.gov/hhes/income/defs/alldef.html. (Also, see
http://www.iadb.org/exr/IDB/stories/1998/eng/e1198i.htm.) The Gini
ratios for the U.S. are available at:
http://www.census.gov/hhes/income/histinc/f04.html (See table at bottom.)
---------------------------

Guess what? When the Gini ratio becomes high enough you have a third
world country, almost no middle class, just rich and poor.  If America's
population explodes to the projected 500 billion some time around 2050
we will probably be third world country.  If people in this country stop
being cowards we can change this.

Earlier I saw a post on this list about not posting political things.
This list needs a political post once a week.  The reason we're in this
shit is because the American public is too depoliticized.  Everything is
political and if you don't participate prepare to become roadkill.  All
of you without jobs right now are roadkill.  Things will get much, much
worse if the Republicans take the next presidency.

One more interesting fact:  The Great Depression was preceded by four
republican presidents who exercised similar economic policies.  A
democratic president brought us out.  Now both parties are more similar,
but still different enough that we would be far far better off if Gore
was president.