RH 8.0

Rusty Brown kujayhawkbb at yahoo.com
Fri May 9 17:04:58 CDT 2003

Adding $.02 here and commenting on the original post: what has happened
to the Xconfigurator utility? RH 9 doesn't have it either, nor a "test
this configuration" option when installing X with the system. If your
chosen video/monitor don't work, you're just kinda hosed. And when I
tried to download and install that utility, and linuxconf, I ran into
dependency hell trying to get them all met. I finally gave up, because
I just didn't have the hours needed to muck around with it, and I'm not
familiar enough with Linux to hack the files manually. What's up with
that?