Any of you LOTR fans?

Dustin Decker dustind at moon-lite.com
Thu May 8 02:06:12 CDT 2003

On Wed, 7 May 2003 admin at kclinux.net wrote:

> "In case you haven't met him yet, Gollum is one of the stars of The Lord of
> the Rings: The Two Towers. He's a sickly, pale creature on a quest to find
> the Ring. But he's not played by a human actor. He's a computer-generated
> image created on the hottest server platform to hit mainstream corporate
> computing: Linux."

Not entirely correct - he's played by a human being who wears a blue suit
(and when in ice cold water, a wet suit) later to be enhanced by
computers.

Good stuff none the less...
D.

--
o-----------------------------------o
| Dustin Decker - CNA, MCP          |
| dustin at dustindecker.com       o--------------------------------------o
| Network Engineer              | "I have never seen anything fill up  |
| Preferred Physicians Group    |  a vacuum so fast and still suck."   |
                                |  "Steve Jobs said two years ago that |
                                |  X is brain-damaged and it will be   |
				|  gone in two years.  He was half     |
				|  right."                             |
				|                   -- Dennis Ritchie  |
				|  "Dennis Ritchie is twice as bright  |
				|  as Steve Jobs, and only half wrong."|
				|                       -- Jim Gettys  |