Forms Processing

Jason Clinton me at jasonclinton.com
Wed May 7 22:04:42 CDT 2003

Matt G wrote:

>Agree.  It's 10 lines in php.
>

>>On Wed, 7 May 2003, Jason Clinton wrote:
>>

>>>A bit OT but here it goes anyway:
>>>
>>>Do any of you have a recommendation for a CGI Forms processing script
>>>that can store to database? That you've used in the past? I need to
>>>implement a quick HTML form and dump the output to a MySQL table.
>>>

>>I would suggest php for this, rather than cgi.
>>D.

Advice well taken, but I would like to clarify: PHP /is/ CGI. It's just
another script language that is configured in Apache to pass through a
CGI interpreter just like Perl, Python or Ruby scripts. So, I guess, I
was asking if anyone had a Perl, Python or Ruby script that they liked
but, since you suggested that I check out PHP since it's so easy to
write the script (10 lines) to accomplish this, that's what I'll do.

Thank you!

--
Jason Clinton
I don't believe in witty sigs.